I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with over 25 years in private practice. I hold two advanced degrees: a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology and a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. I attended California State University as an undergraduate, and attended the University of California at Los Angeles; the University of Southern California: and Goddard College for my graduate studies. I also worked in public education, as a life-time credentialed teacher, prior to becoming a therapist. This brings to my private practice a rich background in both child and adult development throughout the entire lifespan and my clients seem to benefit from this wider range of knowledge and experience.Read More
I specialize in working with individuals, couples, families who want help in their relationships. I particularly enjoys helping my clients navigate the early stages of adult life from courtship, pregnancy, marriage, and parenthood. Helping others explore life’s challenging areas and brainstorm solutions using their personal strengths is a joy for me.
For those who are truly committed to their own growth, my clients frequently experience greater self-awareness and confidence, more fulfillment, increased ability to handle the inevitable challenges that life presents, a general increase in their personal happiness and, overall, the vast majority of my clients are able to move forward and lead significantly more fulfilling lives.
The joy I experience seeing my clients grow and prosper is why I will never retire.”
My worldview revolves around the following questions:
1) “Is what I’m doing in the world helping my clients improve the quality of their lives so they can live the life they want?”
2) “Am I continuing to explore and develop new ways to promote real emotional connection and intimacy between people?”
I naturally live in these questions. They drive me to be better – personally and professionally.Read More
My passion for working with people like you never wanes. I know this because the idea of going to the office never feels like a ‘job.’ A colleague and friend recently commented: “Gary, being a therapist is embedded in your DNA.” Looking back now, it’s obvious.
I hope that this has been at least a bit helpful in getting some idea of who I am. If any of this resonates with your own life, give me a call at 310-208-3105 and let’s see what we can do to open some doors in your life.
My commitment to community service is an active one. I have served as a Crisis Intervention Specialist for numerous organizations such as the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, Jewish Family Services, and the Los Angeles Mayor’s Office, Department of Homeland Safety and Security Crisis Response Team.
In addition, several years ago, I was approached by the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center to establish, train, co-lead, and supervise a Critical Incident Response Team for the medical staff. I continue in that position today and am deeply honored to serve in such a world-class medical center and to help directly support our wonderful medical staff that form the very heart of it.
Honors & Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award presented by the Los Angeles City Council for Exceptional Commitment to Community Service, 2017
- Designated Life Member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, 2016
- Designated Best Marriage Counselor by Los Angeles Awards, 2015
- Commendations presented by the Mayor of Los Angeles for Exceptional Commitment to Community Service: 2015, 2014, 2005, 1998
- Letter of Appreciation, Teen Line, Los Angeles, 2012
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Making The Difference Award, 2011
- Awarded designation of Fellow, American Association of Experts in Traumatic Stress, 2010
- Fellow of the American Psychotherapy Association, 2008
- Distinguished Service Medal, Honoring Service to the Medical Staff of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, 2006
- NASA Letter of Appreciation, 2003
- Salvation Army, Commendation, 2001 and 2011
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Friend of Nursing Award, 2000
- Award for Heroism, Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors for successful life-saving efforts in a medical rescue, 1999
- Letter of Appreciation, Jewish Community Centers, 1999
- Letter of Commendation, Office of the Governor, 1993